[WikiEN-l] Verifiability equating to notability

Christopher Erickson cerickson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 03:05:11 UTC 2006

My beef is this ... What counts as a reliable source?  Does a mention of a
POV-pushing political phrase in heresy-hunting leftist rag count as a
reliable source, such that said phrase could be used to label people and
parties that may go 10 or 20% in the general direction claimed, but not the
100% claimed by the label applied to them?  Lately I've had such run-ins.
POV-pushing publications (even if respected by otherwise respectable people)
do not count as verifiability.   <probably a rabbit trail for your
conversation>
-- Chris (aka Gudsthegn)