[WikiEN-l] Wheel warring

slimvirgin at gmail.com slimvirgin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 01:32:22 UTC 2006

On 4/23/06, Katefan0 <katefan0wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> The basic problem is one of ego. For a place that prides itself on
> collegiality among editors, and particularly among administrators, we simply
> step on one another's toes too often. I don't see why we need to have all
> this parsing and ABC'ing when what we really need is to tug on a few ears
> and remind each other that it's rarely polite to undermine someone without
> so much as a word.

Exactly right. We need to introduce a culture of respect for each
other's admin actions, and when we disagree with something, try to
argue and persuade, instead of rushing in to undo. That has to be
accompanied by voting for users who will make responsible, committed,
and active admins so that our trust and respect isn't misplaced.

Sarah