[WikiEN-l] Wheel warring in the wake of the Eloquence/Danny incident

Philip Welch wikipedia at philwelch.net
Sat Apr 22 19:32:52 UTC 2006

On Apr 22, 2006, at 12:17 PM, Phil Sandifer wrote:

>> Amen to that. Sadly (and to name names), a certain administrator
>> whose name begins with "T" and ends with "ony Sidaway" has, in the
>> past, been allowed to (and even congratulated for) reverting other
>> administrators' actions multiple times while the ruling culture
>> derides any criticism of this as "lynching".
>
> Congratulations! Your skill at trolling has increased!
> Congratulations! Your skill at thread derailment has increased!
> Congratulations! Your skill at cliched personal attacks has increased!
> Congratulations! You are now a level 2 Wiki-EN user!

Thanks for your most instructive reply. I see you conveniently
snipped out the entire point that this post was leading to, which I
will repeat thrice for emphasis, since you didn't seem to get it the
first time:

My point? Any prohibition against wheel warring must be *objective*
and *applied across the board*. Unless every case, without exception,
of violating any wheel-warring policy is met with immediate
desysopping (pending further review) then the wheel-warring policy
will be selectively enforced to enable certain administrators to
"win" wheel wars against unfavored administrators.

--
Philip L. Welch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Philwelch