[WikiEN-l] Wheel warring in the wake of the Eloquence/Danny incident

Philip Welch wikipedia at philwelch.net
Sat Apr 22 19:11:17 UTC 2006

On Apr 20, 2006, at 8:28 AM, Fred Bauder wrote:

> It is just not good practice to reverse another
> administrator's actions. That needs to be part of our culture, not
> some wishy-washy notion that it is OK to wheel war when the other
> administrator is "wrong".

Amen to that. Sadly (and to name names), a certain administrator
whose name begins with "T" and ends with "ony Sidaway" has, in the
past, been allowed to (and even congratulated for) reverting other
administrators' actions multiple times while the ruling culture
derides any criticism of this as "lynching".

My point? Any prohibition against wheel warring must be *objective*
and *applied across the board*. Unless every case, without exception,
of violating any wheel-warring policy is met with immediate
desysopping (pending further review) then the wheel-warring policy
will be selectively enforced to enable certain administrators to
"win" wheel wars against unfavored administrators.

--
Philip L. Welch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Philwelch