[WikiEN-l] WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 33, Issue 120

pschemp pschemp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 03:15:48 UTC 2006

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:53:01 -0700
> From: Jesse W <jessw at netwood.net>
> Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Indefinite block and desysopping by User:Danny
> To: English Wikipedia <wikien-l at Wikipedia.org>
>
> On Apr 19, 2006, at 4:55 PM, maru dubshinki wrote:
> > On 4/19/06, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Restore_Wikitruth_info.png
> >>
> >> Ad nothing in the metadata suggests photoshop.
> > Point taken. All the other possibilities (an admin innocently taking a
> > screencap, exporting his desktop to another computer who did take a
> > screencap etc) seem less likely than a disgruntled admin. Albeit, the
> > shot is a bit odd- do logged in accounts really look like that in
> > monobook? It's been so long I've forgotten.
>
> Well, the photo has obviously been carefully cropped, as the personal
> toolbar (which begins with the account name) has been erased.  Also,
> I've only checked on Firefox on Mac OS X, but the font picked might be
> able to identify what browser and OS it was taken from.  Furthermore,
> as it contains the toolbox links for Lupin's anti-vandal tool, a
> combination of
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Whatlinkshere/User:
> Lupin/recent2.js&limit=500&from=0 and
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?
> title=Special%3AListusers&group=sysop&limit=2000 results in the
> following list of 60 admins(a much smaller list than 800+...) who have
> installed Lupin's tool into their monobook.js file and have not taken
> the easy step of removing the link-back to recent.js.
>
> Aaron Brenneman
> Acetic Acid
> Adashiel
> Arwel Parry
> Banes
> Bbatsell
> Bkonrad
> BorgHunter
> BorgQueen
> BrokenSegue
> Brookie
> Can't sleep, clown will eat me
> Canderson7
> Cdc
> Celestianpower
> Chris 73
> Commander Keane
> DaGizza
> Dan100
> Dante Alighieri
> Docu
> Drini
> Dustimagic
> EdwinHJ
> Flcelloguy
> Fuzheado
> Gflores
> Hall Monitor
> Icairns
> Jacoplane
> Jareth
> Johnleemk
> Jpgordon
> Kbh3rd
> Kmccoy
> Marudubshinki
> Master Jay
> Mathwiz2020
> NSLE
> [...]

Hi.  Watch me get a little upset that I'm on the accused list, along with
many other innocents because I don't know how to edit my monobook properly.
Seriously folks, its great to know that everyone will be looking at me
suspiciously now. For christ's sake, one of the people on that list was
promoted TWO days ago.

pschemp