[WikiEN-l] Indefinite block and desysopping by User:Danny

BorgHunter borghunter.wiki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 01:55:22 UTC 2006

maru dubshinki wrote:

>We shouldn't examine that data, however. Very bad precedent, and poor
>for privacy, especially since we aren't dealing with out-and-out
>vandals here, but merely critics.

But should critics of Wikipedia be admins of Wikipedia? I don't believe
so. However, I suppose it's up to Jimbo and the Board if they want to
expend the energy to look into it. As for privacy...it's not against the
privacy policy, and besides which, I'm not sure that's an invasion of
privacy anyway. You're sending data to the Wikimedia servers every time
you visit a page, and that info is logged, and you (should) know that. I
have no problems with the devs looking through page access logs, myself.