[WikiEN-l] Wheel culture (was:Indefinite block and desysopping...)

Ben Lowe ben.lowe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 21:32:03 UTC 2006

>  The
> first person to undo the original admin action has started the wheel
> war, and it's that first undoing that shouldn't be happening (except
> where the original admin can't be contacted and it has to be done
> quickly). But as a rule, we shouldn't be undoing each other's admin
> actions at all.

I think "wheel war" is a great term that overly bold admins can throw at
people who disagree with them, making it seem like it is the fault of the
reverter, that the one returning things to the status quo is the rouge, when
in fact it could simply be that the original admin's edits were
unwarranted.  Or stupid.  I still haven't heard a reason why admins
shouldn't revert admin actions "at all" except that it's wheel-warring,
which is a rather circular answer (fitting, I suppose for a wheel).  So I
suppose my response to "We shouldn't be undoing each other's admin actions
at all" is that we also shouldn't be making any mistakes at all.  But it
happens, and so should be able to unhappen.

Ben