[WikiEN-l] Indefinite block and desysopping by User:Danny

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Thu Apr 20 15:28:09 UTC 2006

Kelly Martin is not in "our central leadership" (that would be Jimbo,
Angela, Anthere, Daniel Mayer, and a few others) and has no future as
a diplomat. Kelly is correct about our difficulties with establishing
that wheel warring is absolutely unacceptable. I have have had a few
invitations to wheel warring when someone felt they could simply
revert what I had done, but so far I haven't gotten in a real mess by
taking the bait. It is just not good practice to reverse another
administrator's actions. That needs to be part of our culture, not
some wishy-washy notion that it is OK to wheel war when the other
administrator is "wrong". If they are wrong, especially repeatedly,
it needs to be dealt with by talking, that is negotiation, and if
that is unsuccessful, with the remaining steps in the dispute
resolution process.

Fred