[WikiEN-l] Wheel culture (was:Indefinite block and desysopping...)

jkelly at fas.harvard.edu jkelly at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Apr 20 19:01:11 UTC 2006

  "Delerium",

  In regards to:

> [Erik] didn't revert Danny's edits or wheel war.  Danny stubbed and
> protected the page; Erik noted that he was willing to give Danny the
> benefit of the doubt on stubbing, but that the protection was contrary
> to the protection policy (a correct observation), so unprotected the
> page but left it stubbed.  It is quite acceptable and even encouraged to
> unprotect pages that have been inappropriately protected.

  While we're engaging in this critique of Danny's response, it might make sense
to ask whether or not Danny, and the other office people, are aware that there
exists some large segment of the admin population who regard it as routine to
undo other admin actions without discussion because they were "out of process",
or "obviously wrong", or whatever.  Can we imagine the possibility that some
people might interpret that as inexplicable, or even hostile, interference, if
they aren't used to this?

                                Jkelly