[WikiEN-l] Indefinite block and desysopping by User:Danny

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 15:10:40 UTC 2006

On 4/20/06, Kelly Martin <kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a big difference between my unilaterally deleting a bunch of
> rather unimportant userboxes and Erik reverting the protection of a
> hot article implemented by Danny.  You will also note that I did not
> wheel war with respect to any of the userboxes I deleted; I did not
> redelete any of the ones that were speedily restored by various
> admins, and the small handful which I did delete twice I redeleted
> after discussion with the objectors to the original deletion.

Just to make sure all of the facts are on the table:
1) I did not "wheel war". I reverted the protection once, and left a
comment on the talk page. I did not revert the stubbification in
respect of Danny's editorial judgment on the matter.
2) The Office Protection was not labeled as such. It was instead
labeled as a normal protection.
3) When another user added an Office Protection label, Danny reverted
him. This is only visible in the list of deleted revisions of
[[NewsMax.com]].
4) He did this using [[User:Danny]], at a point when he had already
created his separate [[User:Dannyisme]] account for foundation tasks.

I'll shut up again now.

Erik