[WikiEN-l] Indefinite block and desysopping by User:Danny

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 21:05:18 UTC 2006

On 19/04/06, Katefan0 <katefan0wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Everybody who's an administrator knows -- or ought to know -- that any of
> Danny's actions could be undertaken on behalf of the foundation. To me, this
> suggests -- in fact, demands -- a lot more caution with undoing his admin
> actions than otherwise, and at the very least warrants a discreet "what's
> this about?" before taking action.

There is something very problematic about:
- creating a special user account to use for "official business"
- creating a special template to use for "unreversible legal-issue
official business"
- (deliberately?) not using either when in fact legal-issue official
business is exactly what's being done

Sort of like how there's a convention of waving a white flag to
surrender, and in the middle of a warzone, someone leaves the white
flag on the ground and comes out holding a gun. The very fact of
flouting the convention speaks loudly...

Disclaimer: I obviously know nothing of the specifics of this case,
nor do I know Erik or Danny. But on the basis of what has been
presented here, Katefan0's comments do not follow logically from the
stated sequence of events.

Steve