[WikiEN-l] Indefinite block and desysopping by User:Danny

Jesse W jessw at netwood.net
Wed Apr 19 21:04:18 UTC 2006

On Apr 19, 2006, at 1:47 PM, Katefan0 wrote:
> I think that lately Danny has not been using the OFFICE tag because
> people
> tend to raise a fuss over things protected under this specific policy,
> and
> more publicity to/furor over an issue that's already very sensitive is
> thorny thing to deal with.  My guess, anyway.

Something that needs to be clarified.  *Editing an article*, even
removing most of it, is something that any editor can do, and certainly
something that Danny, if he gets a phone call that requires it, should
feel free to do without involving WP:OFFICE.  *Protecting an article*
is *NOT*.  We have a specific set of reasons why an article can be
protected, and NPOV issues *are not one of them*.  If responding to a
phone call requires that an article be protected for NPOV issues -
Danny or whoever does it needs to cite a policy, for example,
WP:OFFICE.

Protection is listed on a central log for a reason.  It's *not* a
quiet, insignificant action to take - it should be assumed that
protecting a page will generate some amount of publicity/furror -
that's the nature of it.

Unless Jimbo or the Board wish to amend the Office Actions policy to
state that anytime Danny protects a page it is an OFFICE action,
protection without citing the OFFICE policy is simply wrong,
"sensitive" situations or not.  Fix the policy.

Jesse Weinstein