[WikiEN-l] [Foundation-l] Indefinite block and desysopping by User:Danny

Katefan0 katefan0wiki at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 20:23:07 UTC 2006

I could be wrong, and of course maybe I'm also doing a little tea-leaf
reading here, but...

My impression of this is that the foundation's hard-line on desysopping
people who undo an admin action taken by a representative of the WMF is that
it's intended to send a message:  Don't wheel war -- in fact, don't even
revert once -- someone who might even potentially be acting to represent the
foundation in a matter that they've deemed sensitive in some way.

I don't see what's so unreasonable about this.  To me, it's better to ask
first, revert/undo later, than the reverse, given the real-world
implications in admin actions performed by people like Danny.  I have no
doubt that Erik was acting in good faith, and I'd support restoring his
privileges, but folks should consider this an object lesson I think in
understanding that championing "the wiki way" doesn't trump averting real
legal entanglements.