[WikiEN-l] Indefinite block and desysopping by User:Danny

Conrad Dunkerson conrad.dunkerson at worldnet.att.net
Wed Apr 19 19:59:24 UTC 2006

* Sean Barrett wrote:

> I have unblocked Eloquence on the English Wikipedia.  Blocking him was
> clearly inappropriate.  Blocking him indefinitely was astoundingly
> stupid.  Desysopping is equally insane, but resysopping him can wait for
> the wheels to grind.

Oi!

Before this gets any uglier could everyone agree to stop making nasty
comments and pointing fingers?

One 'bad action' (if it was such) should not merit an indefinite block and
de-sysoping without discussion.

One 'unwarranted de-sysoping and block' (if it was such) should not merit
insults about "stupid" and "insane".

Somewhere along the line tempers frayed and questionable action or actions
were taken. Making more snap judgements and nasty comments can only cause
the situation to get worse.

I'd like to hear from 'the office' / 'board' / 'Jimbo' / 'Danny' / whoever
what the rationale behind the initial block / de-sysoping was.