[WikiEN-l] Why Wikipedia should not be a random collection of facts

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Tue Apr 18 21:57:42 UTC 2006

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:55:13 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>If this is yet another attempt to have fictional entities booted off
>Wikipedia, I'm sure I'll not be alone in getting rather annoyed.

Don't worry, the balance is in no danger of tipping towards factual
subjects any time soon.

Mind you, only the other day I was doing RC patrol when someone
created an article on a subject which was not only factual, but had
not been mentioned on YTMND *or* FARK.

It was a newbie's first article, of course - he'll learn...
Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG