[WikiEN-l] Bounties for editors

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 15:54:59 UTC 2006

On 18/04/06, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:
> You're absolutely right. People on a tight budget like me would be
> very much interested in financial compensation for certain jobs. As
> long as it results in articles following policy, I don't see the
> problem.

As I see it, the *only* problem is whether Wikipedia wants to gain a
reputation as "having to" pay its editors, or something. We certainly
can't stop people making private deals. All we can control is whether
it happens in the Wikipedia namespace or not.

We already have WP:BOUNTY - I don't see a problem here.

Steve