[WikiEN-l] Bounties for editors

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 18 12:37:50 UTC 2006

> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Miscellany_for_deletion/Wikipedia:Now_Hiring
> >
> > is to a deletion debate on a page for bounties (cash etc) for bits of work on the project. I believe such a page would be a good thing. Arguments in > favour follow:
>
> Yeck, why do people use AfD in this way? Debate the point, refute it,
> gain consensus and drive it into the ground, by all means. But don't
> simply call the mayor and get it bulldozed on a technicality...

I think people use deletion (Misc-fD, in fact) this way to force a decisive debate. I agree in general that it's not good, but an opponent might equally argue that the act of creating the page was bulldozing ahead without consensus (it's been debated before to a limited extent on the "foundation bounty board" page without consensus).

-- Matt