[WikiEN-l] wikitruth.info (Slashdot story)

Daniel P.B.Smith wikipedia2006 at dpbsmith.com
Mon Apr 17 01:44:56 UTC 2006

Wikitruth.info seems to be slashdotted, but according to the Google
cache, http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:
8yjjGVPUOb0J:www.wikitruth.info/ or http://tinyurl.com/otg6n , the
Wikitruth wiki is not editable, for our own good.

In its words: "We want you to read this website, not be locked in a
full-on piss-battle over changing varying articles to reflect the
whims and madness of a thousand people. Wikis do work, make no
mistake, but they ultimately only work when you have a small amount
of people doing the editing. Sure, it progresses a little slower...
but it progresses."

See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony