[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia compared..... again!

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 07:41:52 UTC 2006

On 14/04/06, Arwel Parry <arwel at cartref.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> The May issue of BBC Focus magazine ("The world's best science and
> technology monthly"), (www.bbcfocusmagazine.com, but the contents are
> not online) is interesting from a Wikipedia point of view. Firstly

Wow, those a really fantastic results. I would have expected us to
clean up in the Bird Flu category (so to speak), but I was less
certain about the other two - we can definitely be patchy on obscure
(well, to me anyway :)) biographies. Thank god they chose a railway
engineer - I notice that areas that appeal to
collectors/spotters/obsessive compulsives (such as trains, military
aircraft, stamps...) do a lot better than, say, art or vague concepts.

Steve