[WikiEN-l] Answers.com tool released

Mathias Schindler neubau at presroi.de
Wed Apr 12 16:45:31 UTC 2006

Erik Moeller wrote:
> Jimmy has added a link to the answers.com Wikipedia edition to the
> [[Wikipedia:Tools]] page:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Tools&diff=48023818&oldid=47591620

Thanks for the note. I am going to test this tool. So far, it seems like
a nice thing and it is also in the right category on
[[Wikipedia:Tools]]. Sigh, I wish that answers.com wasn't
self-restricting on English content.

> I have also pointed out the issue on foundation-l and asked the
> Wikimedia Board to re-evaluate the Answers.com deal in light of the
> software patents lawsuit:

I haven't heard anything from this legal dispute. Most people monitoring
this said it's just the usual behavior in this kind of business.

Mathias