[WikiEN-l] Featured article deterioration

Mark Wagner carnildo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 21:30:06 UTC 2006

On 4/11/06, Ben Greenberg <bengreenb at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Its simply naive to say that infinite edits means an infinitely good
> article.  If you dont believe that bad, non-vandalism edits take their toll
> on articles, I invite you to look at the Featured article review.  So many
> articles are ruined by people who simply aren't good at writing prose, and
> who enjoy adding useless factoids.  Articles quite often get worse-- if your
> idealism has you believing otherwise, please look at this:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hip_hop_music&diff=41510779&oldid=36727078

A clearer example would be [[Omnipotence paradox]]:

The version that was featured:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Omnipotence_paradox&oldid=39463700
After two and a half months, 500 edits, and being on the front page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Omnipotence_paradox&oldid=39433100

The "popular culture" section has grown and acquired a gratuitous
non-free image, while the entire rest of the discussion has been
reduced to stray paragraphs and a few brief lists.

--
Mark
[[User:Carnildo]]