[WikiEN-l] Why voting *is* evil

Matt Brown morven at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 17:56:16 UTC 2006

On 4/11/06, Mikkerpikker <mikkerpikker at gmail.com> wrote:
> And I donnu, but the state of Georgia doesn't have a vote at the UN
> General Assembly, nor is it a member of the WTO, nor is it sovereign,
> nor is it... My personal view is Georgia (country) should be the main
> article and that we're seeing some clear US-centrism in elevating some
> random sub-national entity to the level of a sovereign state.

Once again, you are assuming that Wikipedia's naming convention should
be by some taxonomic scheme of importance.

That isn't how it works.

We make the primary name a disambiguation page if one use of a name
does not completely overwhelm the other uses of the name.  In the case
of Georgia, neither does - plenty of people will say 'Georgia' and
mean the nation, and plenty more will say 'Georgia' and mean the
state.

-Matt