[WikiEN-l] Featured article deterioration

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 09:30:09 UTC 2006

On 4/11/06, Ben Greenberg <bengreenb at hotmail.com> wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hip_hop_music&diff=41510779&oldid=36727078

Can you guide us through this one? I see lots of small positive
changes (and some less good ones), and some big slabs of text coming
and going, but I can't immediately say which is better.

> This should be a big wakeup call to anyone who thinks that the pure wiki
> system allows articles to get better indefinitely.  Unless we do something
> about it, wikipedia will simply be a place where articles get great then
> start to deteriorate.  I'm not suggesting stable versions, but surely...
> something needs to be done.

I don't think they "get better then deteoriorate", I would say they
get better then plateau. How could this Hip Hop article actually be
any better?

Steve