[WikiEN-l] Lolicon picture IfD result (was:deletion)

jkelly at fas.harvard.edu jkelly at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 11 03:41:42 UTC 2006

  Molu Bosu Palit,

  Just to keep things clear... the latest IfD on that image wasn't closed when
Sam Korn deleted it.  I closed that day's IfD and would certainly have deleted
the image, for no other reason than if an editor goes to the trouble of jumping
through all of the hoops involved in listing a replacable image on IfD that is a
copyright infringement, I'm pretty much guaranteed to delete it.

  This shouldn't be read as my offering any comment on the content of the image.
 One should certainly read it as an encouragement to have an ironclad "fair use"
rationale on any unfree image that one wants to keep that has been nominated to
IfD.

  Given that it certainly worked out well for me that Sam Korn speedied it, as
otherwise I'd be the target of some of this grieving over an image no
Wikipedian actually owned, I thought I might point out that you're operating
from an incorrect assumption here.

                           Jkelly