[WikiEN-l] What happens when you try to harass admins

Philip Welch wikipedia at philwelch.net
Mon Apr 10 22:14:09 UTC 2006

On Apr 10, 2006, at 2:35 PM, David Gerard wrote:

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
> Wikipedia:Admins_willing_to_make_difficult_blocks
>
> I'd add myself to that page (my home address and home and mobile
> numbers are findable), but I don't have time for the abuse cases of
> this sort I already get asked to investigate. How annoying!
>
> That said: we need hardarses, but our hardarses need to remember to
> block with *love*.

Why can't we just use Checkuser (if this is coming from a registered
user) to discover the ISP or employer of a harassing/abusive user
(wherever they're accessing WP from) and inform them of this sort of
abuse. Or, perhaps, get their identity so the harassed editor has
legal (or, dare I say, extra-legal) recourse.

--
Philip L. Welch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Philwelch