[WikiEN-l] Deleting the Lolicon picture

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 08:04:30 UTC 2006

On 4/8/06, Jay Whetherspoon <polynomialjay at gmail.com> wrote:
>There's no legal reason to remove a completely legal image.

What do you mean by "legal reason"? If you mean, legally, we are not
required to remove a  legal image, then that's a tautology. If you
mean, there is no valid reason to remove a legal reason, then that's
simply incorrect. We remove images that are redundant, irrelevant,
possibly copyright violations, offensive, poor quality, ugly,
corrupt...

> And morality is entirely subjective. Arguing that a certain image  is
> "immoral" is *not* a valid argument in the context of Wikipedia, because we
> have to adhere to WP:NPOV. You, personally, see this drawing as morally
> wrong. I do not.

But visitors to the site might, and if they feel strongly enough, they
might even do something about it.

Steve