[WikiEN-l] Request for unblocking

Molu Bosu Palit loom91 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 6 12:44:15 UTC 2006

Dear Sir/Madam,

  I, Loom91 (59.93.194.7), was recently blocked by sysop Commander Jean for disruption. I believe that this is a mistake and appeal to have this block lifted. I've already requested Commander Kean by email to reconsider the block.

  I was banned for supposedly spamming user talk pages. What really happened was that a poll on the proposed policy Wikipedia:Censorship is ongoing and I wanted to inform potentially interested users abut this, so I posted a short and polite message on their talk page requesting them to review the policy and make their opinions known (I did not ask them to vote for any particular side, and votes in response to these messages were divided). I sent these messages both to those likely to vote Support and those likely to vote Oppose. I do not believe such messages constitute spamming or disruption.

  Some of the receivers thanked me for letting them know about the poll and voiced their opinions. Disruption is defined in Blocking policy as disrupting the normal workings of Wikipedia, but by involving more wikipedians in the discussion I facilitated better working of Wikipedia. As shown in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:SPAM#Internal_spamming, this sort of communication is not considered to be inherently bad, let alone worthy of blocking.

  In the light of these circumstances, I ask sysops to investigate the matter and unblock me if they feel as I do that the block was unwarranted and a mistake on the part of Commander Kean. Thank you very much.

  Loom91