[WikiEN-l] Illegal sources

Sydney Poore poore5 at adelphia.net
Fri Apr 7 15:43:06 UTC 2006

Based on my experience in WebEx arb comm case, I think government
records can be cited but must be used with great caution. Often they
contain information that mainstream media outlets do not publish. Names
of minors, rape victims, personal information. The typed of stuff that
Smoking Gun redacts.

Must have editors willing to put in a whole lot of time. Court records,
FBI files, SEC ruling and such are long and boring.  Filled with
technical jargon that is above the reading level of the average
newspaper. They can be misunderstood or misrepresented.

If those issues are recognized, I think a group of editors with a good
understanding of Wikipedia policy can use them in limited ways.

Sydney