[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia broken

Alphax (Wikipedia email) alphasigmax at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 14:23:09 UTC 2006

David Alexander Russell wrote:
<snip>

> I'm not seeking a reconsideration of the userbox 'issue' here (thank
> God/[insert alternative deity of your choice here] that's over), but
> it shows just how easy it is to ignore policy if you characterise
> those seeking to uphold policy as trolls, wikilawyers and process
> wonks.

There's a difference between process wonks and policy wonks:

- Process wonks favour process over policy
- Policy wonks favour policy over process

A process wonk will often get the wrong result using the right method. A
policy wonk will get the right result using the wrong method. Remember,
it's not the letter of the rules which counts, it's the spirit of the
rules; hence, making 4 reverts in 25 hours counts as breaking 3RR.