[WikiEN-l] request to Jimbo for out-of-process deletion of image

Katefan0 katefan0wiki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 03:32:20 UTC 2006

I think this is similar to what happens sometimes at pedophilia-related
articles.  For the most part, we as Wikipedians are drawn to edit articles
in which we have a personal interest or stake.  Naturally, then, those who
disagree with age of consent laws will be drawn to articles such as
[[NAMBLA]].  Not only do most other Wikipedians not feel drawn there, they
in fact would rather purposefully avoid them because they make them feel
icky.  (I can certainly attest to that personally.)  But in that manner, I
have found that sometimes the "consensus" on these types of articles gets
skewed.  And this makes issues raised on the talk page very difficult to
resolve.