[WikiEN-l] Deleting the Lolicon picture

Philip Welch wikipedia at philwelch.net
Thu Apr 6 02:04:49 UTC 2006

On Apr 5, 2006, at 10:42 AM, Ray Saintonge wrote:

>>> I wasn't aware that Americans were unique in thinking pedophiles
>>> were
>>> morally comparable to communists, although to be perfectly fair,
>>> pedophiles have never committed acts of genocide.
>>>

>> Well, capitalists have as well, and I'm betting money on some
>> paedophiles being capitalists    /*duck*
>>
> Why should you have to duck when someone else has made such an
> extraordinarily stupid straw man statement.

Not to belabor this meta-debate, but it's a simple matter of
historical fact that communists have committed large-scale mass
murder. Tacit implications that communism is "okay" is as offensive
to many people as implying that fascism is "okay". Since neither
question is of direct relevance here, let's just agree, for the sake
of avoiding conflict, not to say nice things about controversial
political ideologies.

--
Philip L. Welch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Philwelch