[WikiEN-l] Footers (WAS: Re: Deleting the Lolicon picture)

Alphax (Wikipedia email) alphasigmax at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 13:57:09 UTC 2006

Steve Bennett wrote:
> On 4/4/06, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:
>> It can also be difficult to follow a list with lots of topics going
>> on at once if there isn't any contextual quoting (carefully trimmed)
>> above the response to remind you of what is being replied to.
>> Reading the context *after* the reply is awkwardly backward.
>
> Arguments about top-quoting vs bottom-quoting on a list is almost as
> bad as mentioning Hitler.

What about digest vs. non-digest? Honestly, I don't see how anyone can
continue to use those horrible antiquated things - any message you send
invariably starts a new thread because your reply lacks the proper
references, which are specified by *multiple* RFCs.

I started off on digest, but after getting around 20 digests about
autofellatio in one day, I grew dispirited and went to individual messages.