[WikiEN-l] Footers (WAS: Re: Deleting the Lolicon picture)

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 09:58:31 UTC 2006

On 4/4/06, David Alexander Russell <webmaster at davidarussell.co.uk> wrote:

> Because any modification of the message post-sending would royally screw
> any digital signing of the message (which me, Alphax, and a couple of
> other people use on this list) which relies on a hash computed at the
> time of sending by the user's encryption program

Heh, in this case, there is no problem - anyone likely to use PGP to
sign their messages is extremely unlikely to forget to trim their
message footers. And the worst case scenario is that you do forget to
trim a message footer, it gets done for you, and someone's mail reader
says "this PGP message does not compute" and checks with you.

So, a small number of messages from a small number of users would
cause a small problem.

Steve the quantifier