[WikiEN-l] request to Jimbo for out-of-process deletion of image

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 13:24:18 UTC 2006

On 4/3/06, Justin Cormack <justin at specialbusservice.com> wrote:
> Jimbo is liable for 10 years imprisonment should he ever visit New
> Zealand.

<snip>

> Domestic enforcement of child pornography laws is primarily conducted
> by Inspectors of the Department of Internal Affairs. They monitor New
> Zealanders trading child pornography online and in the real world.
> They have a near 100% conviction rate for child pornography offenders
> and enjoy excellent co-operative relationships with overseas law
> enforcement agencies. The New Zealand Customs Service prosecutes
> those who import child pornography."

Well, he's not a New Zealander. Our article is a bit vague on who else
it applies to. I doubt that someone who had broken a New Zealand law
overseas would be chargeable simply for visiting NZ. Or maybe you
meant, if he visited NZ while the site was still hosted on his
server...still iffy. And why is Jimbo the only culprit? Wouldn't the
person who actually added it be at least as guilty?

Steve