[WikiEN-l] request to Jimbo for out-of-process deletion of image

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 11:06:54 UTC 2006

On 03/04/06, Alphax (Wikipedia email) <alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote:
> herostratus at comcast.net wrote:
> <snip stuff about "that image">
>
> FWIW, Rama got a friend to take some nice montages of magazines in a
> store - but did they go into the article? No. There is something
> fundamentally wrong when we're willing to accept a potentially offensive
> copyvio (which we justify under "fair use") over a neutral, Free image.

Might be worth finding the WP:POINT stick...

That said, people have a hard time accepting "replace fair use" at the
best of times. I've been wandering through various articles where
we're bound to have free images in the last couple of days and
replacing the fair-use ones with free. It's surprising how many of
these changes are reverted on sight...

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk