[WikiEN-l] One month block from Wikipedia

butterflyfiles at butterflyfiles.cjb.net butterflyfiles at butterflyfiles.cjb.net
Mon Apr 3 07:29:36 UTC 2006

> Actually, nobody accused you of being any of those thing's; they just
> pointed out some rather unsavory comments you had made.� If you
> think those comments made you look like a neo-Nazi/racist/anti-Semite,
> then perhaps you should have thought twice before making them.

While you have a good point, the accusations were quite pointed... I don't believe I could have interpreted them any other way. Some of the statements that I made, such as on the older WR board, were mis-statements - I had't said what I had intended to say, and therefore, my intentions and meaning behind that was taken the wrong way.

> In any event, since that point you've used dozens of IPs to continue
> your attacks, and deliberately vandalized WikiMedia and
> WikiCommons.� Are you really suggesting that, at this point, you
> should be allowed to come back to Wikipedia?
>
> Jay.

No, I'm not suggesting this at all, anymore. My email wasn't timely - my message got sent to the moderated list, and by the time it was cleared to the actual list, the situation had already escalated beyond repair. I don't expect to be unblocked anytime soon, if ever, but that doesn't bother me as much anymore. I do not intend to come back to Wikipedia as Blu Aardvark. If I do decide I want to edit Wikipedia (and I have not at this point decided that I want to continue to contribute), I will come back and make a fresh start with a fresh account. Just... seems more maneagable that way.

I do apologize for our misunderstanding, Jay. I shouldn't have said those things that I said to and about you. In retrospect, it seems as if we both misunderstood each other, expected the worst, and got what we expected as a result.