[WikiEN-l] Analysis of Request for Adminship

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Apr 1 20:50:36 UTC 2006

Steve Bennett wrote:

>On 3/31/06, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>The two year version is more likely to know why we are where we are
>>now. Admins who don't know this tend to cause interesting problems.
>>This can also be the case with returning admins. There are other
>>differences that are also likely to exist.
>>

>Could a one month editor not be a good admin? If they could, then why
>do we have such prejudice against the idea?

A one-month editor could be a good admin.  What a minimum time rule
really tests is patience.  Is he willing to stick around when things get
tedious.  If he goes away when he doesn't get made a sysop right away
maybe he wasn't meant to be one.

Has anyone done a statistical  analysis of the day-by-day contributions
of editors and graphed their number of edits over perhaps the first 100
days after they registe?.  Does boredom hit suddenly or do the edits
gradually diminish?

Ec