[WikiEN-l] Most read US newpaper blasts Wikipedia

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 14:12:15 UTC 2005

On 11/30/05, kosebamse at gmx.net <kosebamse at gmx.net> wrote:
> A helpful approach would be to stop accepting new articles, take our
> content, scrutinise it and rewrite it from zero.

It's a wiki.  Dozens of good quality articles are written from scratch
every single day, and ceasing to accept such new articles would not
help to get the encyclopedia written.

Meanwhile if you can compile a list of important articles that have
not fared well under the wiki (I submit that this could be a fairly
brief list, perhaps 1,000 or so) perhaps a team of interested
individuals can take those articles off the main wiki and hothouse
them for a while--or even, as you suggest, rewrite from scratch.  I'd
be interested to see if this approach produces significantly better
articles.