[WikiEN-l] Non-Commercial Usage

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Tue Nov 29 22:52:56 UTC 2005

geni wrote:

>Define author. I assume that when I rollback vandalism I don't become
>an author for that article. Anyone feel like digging though the GWB
>article to find 5 legit authors?

Well, it is incumbent on the creator of the work to define "author" and
list them in the section labeled "history"; reusers only have to
maintain that information, not invent their own.  In this case, if
Wikipedia puts you in the "history" section when you just rollback
vandalism, then it's designating you as an author.  If that's not what
we want, then the "history" section should be changed, or a new "this is
the history for the purpose of the GFDL" section invented.

-Mark