[WikiEN-l] Non-Commercial Usage

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Tue Nov 29 22:25:04 UTC 2005

Karl A. Krueger wrote:

>The claim that "no businessman will lightly use material released under
>a Gnu-like license" seems rather unusual.

Having sat in a number of meetings with businesspeople considering
the use of GNU-licensed material, I can attest that the decision is
usually made with considerable anguish and argument. The most painful
decisions are when they realize that the techies have boxed them in
already, and it's either use GNU, or fire all the techies and spend
enormous sums re-creating from scratch - at these moments it's
terrible hard not to grin as free software racks up another victory. :-)

Stan