[WikiEN-l] Arbitration Committee elections, 2005 - still no information!

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Tue Nov 29 18:14:06 UTC 2005

Delirium wrote:
> Only in a legalistic sense.  The Wikimedia Foundation's server ownership
> would be completely useless without a community willing to volunteer to
> write an encyclopedia that can be hosted on them.

Exactly.  And I consider my leadership of the community to be a more or
less entirely separate matter from any legal arrangements of any kind.
For example, I would imagine that if the foundation were to fall prey to
some extremely unjust lawsuit or political action, I could successfully
lead the community to another place under another name.

Leadership of a volunteer community doesn't come from power, it comes
from having the cautious wisdom to lead the community where it wants to
go.  I am not perfect, but I try.

--Jimbo