[WikiEN-l] Arbitration Committee elections, 2005 - still no information!

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Tue Nov 29 18:11:16 UTC 2005

geni wrote:
> Other than the need for a friendly developer is there a reason why we
> could not in theory ignore jimbo and elect arbcom whatever?

You could try, but generally speaking we operate under a longstanding
set of carefully grown and slowly changing conventions.  At least to
date, my method of listening very carefully and working very hard to try
to bring together a very broad consensus about a way forward means that
my special role in the 'constitutional framework' of Wikipedia has
proven to be more often useful than not, and of course I intend to do my
best to continue to the best of my abilities with good faith and concern
for all.

--Jimbo