[WikiEN-l] Re: speaking of licence, please check...

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 16:38:06 UTC 2005

"Justin Cormack" <justin at specialbusservice.com>
wrote in message
news:99D24661-D581-43D7-A297-DA61B831DCE0 at specialbusservice.com...

> On 29 Nov 2005, at 08:23, Anthere wrote:
>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Jcmurphy
>>
>> The Foundation received an email from the possible owner of one of  the
>> picture uploaded by Jcmurphy. From his talk page, this editor  could have
>> an history of copyvio upload. Please check. Thanks
>
> Looks like blatant copyvio to me. Tagged and listed on http://
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Copyright_problems/2005_November_29  and
> removed from all
> articles.

Sharp work.

Can I make a plea to all of those like you who do stuff like this: please
make a note somewhere easily accessible of all those articles you removed it
from. This might seem like a slam-dunk, but it might not be, and in general
it would be good to be able to recover from a copyvio claim which proved
bogus or negotiable.

Oh, and do we actually have a URL for what is claimed to be the original?
--
Phil
[[en:User:Phil Boswell]]