[WikiEN-l] Re: Fwd: Google Alert - Wikipedia

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 01:31:34 UTC 2005

That would be a pretty radical form of extreme eventualism. Nothing
has fallen into the public domain in the U.S. on account of copyright
expiring for a long, long, long time due to continual copyright
extension acts. And I think there is probably little hope that this
situation will change over time -- there is simply too much money
invested in works created in the late 1920s, too little monetary and
political force to remind Congressmen of the "temporary" in the phrase
"temporary monopoly".

FF