[WikiEN-l] Re: yet another image lost for posterity

Kelly Martin kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 22:29:12 UTC 2005

On 11/28/05, Sam Korn <smoddy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think what you are arguing is something different to quite a lot of
> others.  They are saying why the policy was necessary.  Your complaint
> is actually that you weren't warned.  I don't think anyone would
> disagree that you should have been notified before the deletions took
> place.

There were thousands of images (possibly tens of thousands) that
qualified for speedy deletion under the new policy.  Issuing warnings
to the uploader of each such image would have interminably delayed the
cleanup, which was already well-overdue.  Repeated public notices were
issued; we're sorry you missed them or did not realize they applied to
you.

Kelly