[WikiEN-l] Re: yet another image lost for posterity

stevertigo vertigosteve at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 19:33:43 UTC 2005

Anthere wrote: >
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Upload&wpDestFile=SablePlante.JPG

> yet another image deleted
> *without any personal warning to the uploader
> *even though it was uploaded before the tags
ever existed...

> I find that pityful. Really pityful. Really  really
pityful.

The image (whatver it was -- we will never know) was a
danger to Wikipedia and to Wikimedia itself. The
erasure of one single insignificant image (whatever it
was -- we may never know) is insignificant compared to
the increased security that Wikipedia and Wikimedia
now has, as a result of not hosting that image.

Stevertigo
Le calembour a prévu