[WikiEN-l] Non-Commercial Usage

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 17:23:49 UTC 2005

On 11/28/05, Mike Finucane <mike_finucane at yahoo.com> wrote:
> postscript.  I may contribute some images, I'll have to consider the
> matter more deeply now.  Perhaps some images that no commercial company
> would want to use; or perhaps a resolution unsuited to commercial
> useage.

Heh just upload them unser the GFDL. Certian issues with the lisence
means that images released under it are pretty much useless for
conventional comercial use

>I'll continue to contribute information; but the idea that
> someday some Mogul might squeeze Wikipedia out of existence, and
> incorporate its assets, just as surely as Netscape was lost to
> AOL-Time-Warner, will probably have an affect on my desire to help
> create something new.  A world asset which was never saleable to the
> highest bidder.

GFDL makes sure it can be sold to the highest bidder because there is
nothing to stop someone copying what the highest bidder has just
bought. I recall that necscape was originaly a comercial company. It's
code was released and I belive was the basis on which the monzilla and
firefox browsers were built.

--
geni