[WikiEN-l] yet another image lost for posterity

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Mon Nov 28 16:52:43 UTC 2005

On 11/28/05, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Upload&wpDestFile=SablePlante.JPG
>
> yet another image deleted
> *without any personal warning to the uploader
> *even though it was uploaded before the tags ever existed...
>
> I find that pityful. Really pityful. Really really pityful.
>

> Ant

I think the worst part is that the uploader wasn't warned first.  I've
had at least two images deleted this way (one was GFDL, the other was
public domain, who knows what else was deleted without my knowledge),
and I think it's incredibly rude.  Unless there is some sort of
ongoing problem with a user I think admins should at least warn the
uploader before deleting the image.

Anthony