[WikiEN-l] extremely weak dispute resolution mechanisms

Kelly Martin kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 15:59:11 UTC 2005

On 11/28/05, Poor, Edmund W <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com> wrote:
> * it's not a matter of two people "disputing"
> * it's a matter of one party being "right" and the other party being
> "wrong"

I disagree.  It's a matter of two people disputing.  One of them may
be disputing in a manner we approve of and the other disputing in a
manner we do not.  The purpose of dispute resolution is not to Find
What Is Right, but rather to enable the disputants to come to an
agreement without tearing each other's heads off.

Kelly