[WikiEN-l] yet another image lost for posterity

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 14:51:44 UTC 2005

--- Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Upload&wpDestFile=SablePlante.JPG
> yet another image deleted
> *without any personal warning to the uploader
> *even though it was uploaded before the tags ever existed...
>
> I find that pityful. Really pityful. Really really pityful.

Well, it was orphaned, and you did tag it as a fair use image.

Policy is that:

"Unused copyrighted images. Copyrighted images uploaded without permission of
the copyright holder, or under a license which does not permit commercial use,
which are not used in any article, and which has been tagged with a template
which places them in Category:Orphaned fairuse images for more than seven days
(so-called "orphaned fair use images")."

-- Matt

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Matt_Crypto
Blog: http://cipher-text.blogspot.com